CENTCOM

CENTCOM regional cooperation stopped 6,000 drones, 1,500 ballistic missiles in Iran war - analysis

Iran targeted numerous countries in the region, including the UAE, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Oman, and Iraq.

A screengrab from a video released by CENTCOM shows a flight deck crew member signaling an F‑35 jet on an aircraft carrier, in this image obtained from social media released on February 28, 2026
F-16 Barak from the "Valley" squadron, armed with JDAM bombs on a five minutes alert, at Ramat David Airbase. February 02 2010.

Cutting US aid to Israel would be a strategic disaster for America - opinion

US CENTCOM Commander Admiral Brad Cooper testifies before the Senate Armed Services Committee on "The Posture of the US Central Command and US Africa Command in Review" on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC, US, May 14, 2026.

Iran's ability to threaten neighbors heavily degraded, proxies 'cut off', says CENTCOM commander

US Chair of the Joint Chiefs, Gen. Dan Caine, addresses the Senate Appropriations Committee on the Pentagon's budget request, May 12, 2026; illustrative.

Pentagon considering renaming Iran war 'Operation Sledgehammer' if ceasefire fails - report


US ready to restart Iran war if no deal reached, Hegseth warns

Hegseth stated that he had a message for the Iranian leadership: "We are watching you. Your capabilities are not the same as ours. Remember, this is not a fair fight."

Reporters raise their hands to ask questions during a briefing on the Iran war with U.S. Secretary of Defense Pete Hegseth and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Dan Caine (not pictured), at the Pentagon in Washington, DC, US, April 16, 2026.

US deploys additional troops to Middle East as Hormuz blockade enters third day - report

The deployment reportedly includes a carrier strike group with approximately 6,000 personnel aboard the USS George H.W. Bush, alongside roughly 4,200 Marines.

The Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS George H.W. Bush (CVN 77) transits the Atlantic Ocean, Feb. 15, 2026.

Iran’s economy could collapse within three months under naval blockade, experts warn

An expert on Iran's military noted that Iranian authorities have previously declared that if they are denied access to their ports, they will prevent other countries in the region from using theirs.

SCREENSHOT FROM a video released by Iranian media showing an encounter between the IRGC Navy and a US warship in the Strait of Hormuz, which they claim withdrew from the area after receiving a warning.

Six ships turned around as part of Strait of Hormuz blockade, US military says

"No ships made it past the US blockade, and six merchant vessels complied with direction from US forces to turn around to re-enter an Iranian port on the Gulf of Oman," CENTCOM said.

An F/A-18E Super Hornet launches from the flight deck of the US Navy Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln during the Operation Epic Fury attack on Iran April 1, 2026.

One wounded following rocket barrage from Hezbollah, Trump's blockade on Hormuz goes into effect

European countries raise concerns over naval blockade • Trump: ‘I don’t care’ if Iran comes back to negotiations • Erdogan threatens military action against Israel

US Navy and US Marine Corps aircraft attached to Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 9 are arrayed on the flight deck of the Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln during the Operation Epic Fury attack on Iran from an undisclosed location March 10, 2026.

Trump considers limited operation against Iran in response to failed Islamabad negotiations - WSJ

According to US officials cited by The Wall Street Journal, the US President is considering a limited operation against Iran following the failed round of negotiations in Islamabad.

US President Donald Trump exits Air Force One as he arrives at Miami International Airport in Florida, US, April 11, 2026.

US to begin enforcing maritime blockade in Strait of Hormuz on Monday, Trump confirms

"The blockade will be enforced impartially against vessels of all nations entering or departing Iranian ports and coastal areas," CENTCOM said in a statement.

A US Navy sailor signals an F/A-18E Super Hornet on the flight deck of the Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln in support of the Operation Epic Fury attack on Iran at an undisclosed location March 4, 2026.

CENTCOM using underwater drones to clear mines in the Strait of Hormuz

The closure of the Strait of Hormuz is a sticking point for both the United States and Iran in ceasefire talks, with Iran estimated to have between 2,000 and 6,000 naval mines.

A BAE Systems Sting Ray air-launched Anti Submarine Warfare lightweight torpedo is displayed during the Security Equipment International (DSEI) at London Excel on September 09, 2025 in London, England.

PMO appoints new Mossad chief, Trump orders Hormuz blockade after US-Iran talks fail

Vance: No deal reached after talks with Iran • CENTCOM clears underwater mines in Hormuz • Netanyahu says Israel's war with Iran 'not over yet'

Mossad Director Maj. Gen. Roman Gofman attends a ceremony marking the lighting of the first Hanukkah candle of the 7th Armored Brigade at the National Library in Jerusalem, on December 14, 2025.

US looks to restore freedom of navigation in Gulf, maintain its naval reputation - analysis

The US role in enabling ships to navigate the seas is a legacy of the British Empire's once-dominant role in the world economy and in safeguarding the seas. 

US Navy and US Marine Corps aircraft attached to Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 9 are arrayed on the flight deck of the Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln during the Operation Epic Fury attack on Iran from an undisclosed location March 10, 2026.