CENTCOM

Minab school struck at start of Iran war was located on active missile base, CENTCOM chief says

Reuters first reported that an initial, internal US military investigation showed US forces were likely responsible for the destruction of the ​girls' school in Minab.

US CENTCOM Commander Admiral Brad Cooper testifies before the Senate Armed Services Committee on "The Posture of the US Central Command and US Africa Command in Review" on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC, US, May 14, 2026.
A screengrab from a video released by CENTCOM shows a flight deck crew member signaling an F‑35 jet on an aircraft carrier, in this image obtained from social media released on February 28, 2026

CENTCOM regional cooperation stopped 6,000 drones, 1,500 ballistic missiles in Iran war - analysis

F-16 Barak from the "Valley" squadron, armed with JDAM bombs on a five minutes alert, at Ramat David Airbase. February 02 2010.

Cutting US aid to Israel would be a strategic disaster for America - opinion

US CENTCOM Commander Admiral Brad Cooper testifies before the Senate Armed Services Committee on "The Posture of the US Central Command and US Africa Command in Review" on Capitol Hill in Washington, DC, US, May 14, 2026.

Iran's ability to threaten neighbors heavily degraded, proxies 'cut off', says CENTCOM commander


'Abandon Ship': US sinks Iranian ship in Gulf of Oman after striking vessel during Op. Epic Fury

CENTCOM also cited US President Donald Trump's call for "members of Iran's armed forces, IRGC, and police to 'lay down your weapons,'" and to "Abandon ship!"

US Central Command announces sinking an Iranian ship in the Gulf of Oman, March 1, 2026.

US CENTCOM confirms first American troop deaths in Operation Epic Fury

Three US soldiers were killed and five others wounded in ongoing Operation Epic Fury, US Central Command confirmed on Sunday.

A still image released by US Central Command (CENTCOM), which accompanied a press release describing the operation dubbed "Epic Fury", an attack by the United States and Israel on Iran, shows a rocket launch from a ship, in this picture obtained from social media released on February 28, 2026.

Netanyahu, Trump kept talks secret for weeks ahead of Operation Roaring Lion

As part of the preparations for the attack, which, as noted, had been scheduled long beforehand, US President Trump and Prime Minister Netanyahu held several conversations in recent weeks.

 Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu convenes a security cabinet meeting on April 6, 2023

No US combat casualties despite Iranian retaliation, US military says

Despite "hundreds of Iranian missile and drone attacks," there have been no reported US casualties or combat-related injuries, CENTCOM wrote. 

A still image released by US Central Command (CENTCOM), which accompanied a press release describing the operation dubbed "Epic Fury", an attack by the United States and Israel on Iran, shows a rocket launch from a ship, in this picture obtained from social media released on February 28, 2026.

CENTCOM chief briefs Trump on military options against Iran, source tells 'Post'

The briefing came while the Trump administration's special envoy Steve Witkoff and Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner were in Geneva holding nuclear talks with Iran.

US CENTCOM chief Adm. Brad Cooper makes an announcement aboard aircraft carrier USS Abraham Lincoln in the Arabian Sea February 7, 2026; illustrative.

Russian nationals among ISIS prisoners in Iraq to be repatriated, officials say - analysis

Iraq took in around 6,000 male ISIS members over the last month as US Central Command transferred them from Syria to Iraq.

 A Russian policeman stands in front of the Iraqi embassy in Moscow, July 29, 2003. Russia said an embassy employee went to a police station around dawn on Tuesday to report that several armed men had entered the embassy overnight and stolen at least $3 million from a safe in the mission.

'Hundreds of strikes per day': Former CENTCOM deputy says US can wipe out Islamic Regime in hours

A possible first wave of an attack on Iran would focus on strategic missile sites and launchers, the most immediate threats to US forces and Israel, a former CENTCOM official told the Post.

 The U.S. Air Force B-2 bomber "Spirit of Oklahoma" is refueled in-flight over Eastern Washington state, April, 27, 2002 while participating in "Northern Edge," Alaska's largest annual joint training exercise.

US strikes 30 Islamic State targets in Syria as part of Operation Hawkeye Strike

According to the US Central Command (CENTCOM), the forces used precision munitions delivered by fixed-wing, rotary-wing, and unmanned aircraft.

US CENTCOM attacks ISIS targets.

Will US withdrawal from Tanf in Syria affect region? - analysis

Will a reduction in US forces in the area lead to a power vacuum? Is the new Syrian army prepared to assume the security responsibilities necessary in the desert area where Tanf is located?

US military vehicles drive in Hasaka, Syria December 6, 2024; illustrative.

US pulls out of Syria’s al-Tanf base after 15-day equipment removal, relocating to Jordan - report

The al-Tanf base is strategically located in the tri-border area of Syria, Jordan, and Iraq. It was established as a key hub for operations by the global coalition against Islamic State terrorists.

Syrian Democratic Forces and U.S. troops are seen during a patrol near Turkish border in Hasakah, Syria November 4, 2018